Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OmegaRed1723

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
The Waste
I just turned on my new Mac Mini (June 2010 edition), connected to a Sharp Aquos 42" LCD tv via HDMI. The computer boots and displays the Apple logo, then the screen cuts out for a moment and displays the following:

4707659833_3fe229d503.jpg

The wheel just spins and spins, and doesn't proceed any further. I've never encountered this on any of my MacBook Pro's, and I'm not exactly sure how to describe the problem in a Google search.

OmegaRed1723

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
The Waste
Jeez, is that what that is....the underside of a mouse?! Thanks for the quick reply. I would have been up till 4 in the morning otherwise.

Orange™

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
???

It doesn't come with a mighty mouse, right?
Does this mean that you have to use a mighty mouse (purchased separably) or can you use any mouse so long as it's connected to the mini?

Thanks for the help!

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
It doesn't come with a mighty mouse, right?
Does this mean that you have to use a mighty mouse (purchased separably) or can you use any mouse so long as it's connected to the mini?

Thanks for the help!

Doesn't matter, you're just going to need a mouse or keyboard to get through the setup process. Did mine at work today with a Microsoft mouse;)

OmegaRed1723

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
The Waste
I didn't have any mouse attached at all, which was the problem. I was planning on fumbling through the setup with just a keyboard attached, then download & run the Rowmote Helper so I could use my iPad as the trackpad. As soon as I dug out a mouse and plugged it in, all systems were go. Never had a wireless mouse, so I never would have figured it out. Shame on me...I've had Macs since the IIGS, and I got hung up on this??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.