Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ncage1974

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Hi everyone. I have a $150 gift card I received from apple last year for selling them my old macbook pro. I didn't see any place in the order process to enter the gift card #. So I clicked the button in the email i got for the gift card. I wanted me to add it the the apple app store and i thought i'd try that since i didn't see any other place to enter it. So currently I see the amount in "Your Apple Account balance" on my account but when I did my order this morning for my new iphone it didn't apply it. Understandably its impossible to get through to apple sales now. Can anyone help?

FYI....I'll be using the apple card to pay for my order

Reactions: F308gt4

BradWI

Suspended
Aug 29, 2011
During checkout there is a place to enter how much of your account credit you'd like to apply to your order. If you don't hit that "apply" button it won't use any by default.

Reactions: Ncage1974

F308gt4

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2020
I had this issue as well.

Ordered my Apple Watch the other day, and selected to apply $150 gift card. When I got my email verification, there was nothing about the gift card and the total price listed was the full price.

So this morning, I tried to apply the gift card to the iPhone purchase. I selected the amount, hit apply, and it looked like it would apply. But in the confirmation email, there is no gift card included and the total shows full price.

What is happening?

Ncage1974

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
During checkout there is a place to enter how much of your account credit you'd like to apply to your order. If you don't hit that "apply" button it won't use any by default.
@BradWI would you mind taking a screenshot so i/others know exactly where its at. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.