Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tiff2112

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2022
I’m having issues with a Numbers spreadsheet that wasn’t an issue under Excel.

I have 3 columns E2 - “Payment Amount” F2 - ”Initial Balance“ and G2 - “New Balance” Then I have 12 columns representing the months of the year, which are L2 - W2.

In Excel, I could do a formula that updated the new balance every time I made a payment and put an “x” in the month that I made the payment. It’s been a few years, so I don’t recall the exact formula I used. Any ideas how to make this happen? I’ve tried a bunch of if/thens and some running balance formulas, but it’s catching on either using a range (the months) or on how to keep the balance running. Thanks!

glindon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
Phoenix
I would probably do a SUMIFS() on something like that. Then use a simple row of checkboxes at the top of your 12 month sheet. So the formula would be SUMIFS row to add, row to check, TRUE (which is how numbers trays cells formatted as checkboxes). The data order for SUMIFS may be different, can't remember off the top of my head.

Reactions: Tiff2112
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.