Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric.Stapleton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
I have an Ipod Touch 2G non-MC model. So I downloaded the latest operating software for my ipod a couple of weeks ago. (4.2.1 i believe?) I downloaded redsn0w and followed the procedures for the jailbreak. When I was finished, the screen flickered when I touched it, and the Cydia didn't work. So obviously something wasn't right and I tried to restore. When I plugged the Ipod into the computer it started charging but the computer didn't recognize that any Ipod was plugged into the USB port. So I put it in DFU mode or recovery mode or whatever it's called. (The screen with the picture of the cable with an arrow to the Itunes icon). When I plugged it back into the computer, it recognized that there was an Ipod in recovery mode plugged in and advised me to Restore before I could do anything else. But when I restore from the DFU mode like it told me to, it gets about half way through and comes up with an error message and quits. Can anyone tell my how to restore it and get the messed up software off? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.