Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inretrograde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2023
Hey all,

I am trying to set up my iPhone and Mac to "call from iPhone" using FaceTime on my Mac for work calls.

I have a Business line (esim) and a Personal line (sim) on my iPhone. Both my Mac and iPhone are on the same wifi network. I want to be able to use FaceTime on Mac to make work calls using my Business line (esim on iPhone).

Issue 1...

I can call via FaceTime on Mac using my iPhone, but it consistently defaults to using my Personal line even after tweaking settings and even with contacts I have saved as "always use: Business line."

Issue 2...

The other (slightly less annoying) issue is that when calling via FaceTime on Mac (using call from iPhone setup), the dial tone is barely audible. I've tested this with a set of wired earbuds and a Logitech headset (usb)

Any help to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated! If I'm missing any key details that would help fix this issue please let me know!

Here's a link showing the settings on my iPhone/Mac ->
My setup:

Macbook Pro 2015 (Catalina) & iPhone 11 pro (ios 16.5.1)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.