Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simacca

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
UK, South East.
Anyone know why True Tone on the iPhone 8+ is much yellower than on the iPad? It looks so much better on my iPad. Are there more sensors on the iPad? Even with true Tone turned off on my iPhone the iPad still looks better.

Can anyone else with the same devices check for me. Thanks.

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
Anyone know why True Tone on the iPhone 8+ is much yellower than on the iPad? It looks so much better on my iPad. Are there more sensors on the iPad? Even with true Tone turned off on my iPhone the iPad still looks better.

You may have gotten a bad 8+ panel. There is variability in color temp. Compare to Apple store models on the settings screen. If yours is more yellow, exchange it.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

True Tone shouldn't be that yellow. The display is corrected adjust to the lighting in the room based off the sensors. There is a slight yellow hue, but it shouldn't overbearing.

Reactions: Simacca

Simacca

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
UK, South East.
I only really noticed the difference when I compared them side by side. I will try adjusting the colour temp and see if that helps as don’t really want to exchange my phone, in case I get a worse screen. Other than the problem stated, my panel is uniform and no light bleed, etc etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.