Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is the main factor for you to purchase true Wireless Stereo (TWS) earbuds?

• Sound quality

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Call/voice quality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comfort

• Design

• Connectivity

• Features

• Design/Looks

• Noise canceling

• Water resistance

• Total voters

audio for life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2019
Dear All,

The TWS market is "booming" and nearly all respectable electronic brands will pull out TWS earbuds.

Apple nailed it down with the AirPod Pro's and cover nearly all aspects of what a good TWS should be in my humble opinion.
Nevertheless no TWS can have it all and one way or another it comes down to choices and which compromise to live with.

With the technology and quality vastly improving, I am very curious to learn what is the deciding factor when purchasing or considering TWS.

Thank you in advance.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Dear All,

The TWS market is "booming" and nearly all respectable electronic brands will pull out TWS earbuds.

Apple nailed it down with the AirPod Pro's and cover nearly all aspects of what a good TWS should be in my humble opinion.
Nevertheless no TWS can have it all and one way or another it comes down to choices and which compromise to live with.

With the technology and quality vastly improving, I am very curious to learn what is the deciding factor when purchasing or considering TWS.

Thank you in advance.
It has to pass the comfort test first before I can consider anything else. The best sounding buds are useless to me if I can't wear them comfortably.

Once a bud is comfortable I can then focus on sound quality first, then controls. If they pass both tests, I then consider the charging case, battery life, microphone, and total cost.

Reactions: jimmy_uk

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
It has to pass the comfort test first before I can consider anything else. The best sounding buds are useless to me if I can't wear them comfortably.

Once a bud is comfortable I can then focus on sound quality first, then controls. If they pass both tests, I then consider the charging case, battery life, microphone, and total cost.
This sums it up for me.

CraigB1960

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Noise concellation and sound quality are the top for me. Convenience is near the top as well....how well it connects to devices you want to connect to, battery life, and comfort. I have found that I carry my Airpod's with me everywhere now and use them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.