Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
I admit it, PRSI lured me in and, like a good lil druggie, I bit. I was hooked - got meself a goodly number of "Likes" in the process. :D

Now however I'm trying to get away - I marked PRSI as 'Ignore' thinking that would do it. :cool:

But the side bar keeps calling to me, like a siren to the sailor - begging me to come back! :eek:

Help! :oops:

How do I stop the 'Latest Replies' sidebar on the right to stop showing me posts in PRSI? I need me a Lyra playing Orpheus to drown them out and I'm all out of both! o_O

ShinyDren

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
Ambitoysterous, USA
I admit it, PRSI lured me in and, like a good lil druggie, I bit. I was hooked - got meself a goodly number of "Likes" in the process. :D

Now however I'm trying to get away - I marked PRSI as 'Ignore' thinking that would do it. :cool:

But the side bar keeps calling to me, like a siren to the sailor - begging me to come back! :eek:

Help! :oops:

How do I stop the 'Latest Replies' sidebar on the right to stop showing me posts in PRSI? I need me a Lyra playing Orpheus to drown them out and I'm all out of both! o_O

If you are using a desktop browser you could try following this post:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/forums-you-ignore-issue.2100627/#post-25708049

But since your signature says you will be using iOS, maybe try one of the other ideas from the same thread.

Reactions: AngerDanger

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
Looks like most of those who were in there just months ago have been systematically removed. My guess is it will happen to any of us with a strong opinion one way or the other over time, that forum is like a playground but the mods won't let you play on any of the equipment without constantly slapping you down.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Looks like most of those who were in there just months ago have been systematically removed. My guess is it will happen to any of us with a strong opinion one way or the other over time, that forum is like a playground but the mods won't let you play on any of the equipment without constantly slapping you down.

Strong opinions aren't moderated, so users can feel free to express themselves - within the rules. Keep it civil, respond with respect, keep the discussion to post content and refrain from comments about other users, and provide citations when asked.

And hopefully the weeding out of users who can't manage to follow the rules will make it easier for the rest of you to have good discussions that include strong opinions, worded respectfully!

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
This is exactly what keeps me accidentally coming back to PRSI - I have the forum ignored but it shows up in recent posts. And when I say accidentally, it's me being weak and not stopping myself. So yeah, I'm blaming me. :p
[doublepost=1521344338][/doublepost]
Every time, you find yourself back in the forum, give your wife $10.00. That will be your 'come to Jesus' moment.

Great idea.

Reactions: TheAppleFairy

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
I am guilty as well. I start by reviewing the New Posts section. Some of these PRSI bait thread titles are just too hard for me to pass up. Once I'm in there and start reading some of the nonsense being posted I can't help myself.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.