Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAdamator

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
South San Francisco, CA
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. First off, I am new to Macs in General. I have had my 2021 Macbook Pro a few months and have not really installed anything on it beyond the stock apps.

I'm trying to install an App from the web called REW (Room EQ Wizard.) When I click on the .dmg, an installer screen pops up saying it's preparing, the bar fills up about 3/4 of the way and then turns gray and goes away. I can still see the installer in the dock, but nothing further happens. The app includes Java or something so I don't know if that's a factor but I just can't get it to install. I don't know if it's a Mac issue, an issue with the app. Or an issue with me. LOL.

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
I seriously thought you were messing with me, but I still tried it and that actually worked. Haha. THANK YOU!
Was it the 32bit version initially?

I hadn't advised anything yet lol but glad its worked..that's the end game after all.

Reason I asked, there was a thread (and work around) where REW V5.20 or earlier would "hang" with Big Sur.

iAdamator

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
South San Francisco, CA
Was it the 32bit version initially?

I hadn't advised anything yet lol but glad its worked..that's the end game after all.

Reason I asked, there was a thread (and work around) where REW V5.20 or earlier would "hang" with Big Sur.

My dumb self got a notification for this and another forum at the same time and I clicked on the link for your reply after reading the comment from the OTHER forum and basically replied to that comment here. LOL. Talk about not paying attention!

(They had suggested I switch my computer to Light mode. Which actually worked! But I had thought they were messing with me as the suggestion seemed so crazy. Haha.)

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
My dumb self got a notification for this and another forum at the same time and I clicked on the link for your reply after reading the comment from the OTHER forum and basically replied to that comment here. LOL. Talk about not paying attention!

(They had suggested I switch my computer to Light mode. Which actually worked! But I had thought they were messing with me as the suggestion seemed so crazy. Haha.)
Ahh the old threads crossed switch-a-rooney, all making more sense now. Now, go enjoy that MBP of yours (jealous).

Keeping the "THANK YOU" you from before though that's mine to keep now ;)

Jeffreycw56

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2023
I’m running Mac OS Ventura and would love to know what version on REW I should download. I tried the download on the site for macOS DMG And it never did anything after double tapping.
Please help me. I googled this and found this group. I tried it one more time and read it was going to guide me through the rest of the setup, then it did nothing.

Jeffreycw56

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2023
I went back and tried again in light mode last night, it starts install. I think it will now in the light mode. I canceled only to have the rest of my setup ready because I’m following a video that says to have HDMI and Mic hooked up first.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: hobowankenobi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.