Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I have several remote switches that I want to use to toggle lights on and off. The only way to do that with HomeKit is with "Convert to ShortCut," but I do not seem to be able to insert an action after the If statement.
  • In the configuration for a button press I select "Add or Remove Accessories and Scenes."
  • In the sheet I scroll to the bottom "Convert to Shortcut."
  • I delete Set ... and Add the Action "Scripting."
  • I select the Control Flow "If.
  • I enter the light and condition "If Tower is off." So far so good.
But after that, I cannot see a way to add And Action at all. Where do I tap to get to the ability to insert actions for Off an On/Otherwise? I am on iOS 17 public beta.

IMG_DD3C4FD1AF6B-1.jpeg

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
It turns out, if you close the Scripting action window at the bottom, you get options including HomeKit (odd option inside HomeKit config.) You can then select light actions etc.

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
You can use the "Control" action, which will allow you select any scene and/or any controllable accessory in your smart home just like you were setting up an Automation in the main app. This way you can have multiple things happen just with one shortcut action, but inside an If/Or test.

The Control action will appear at the bottom of your script, but you can long-press on it and then drag it to where you want it in your script.

This is what one of mine looks like:

IMG_5574.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.