Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

battlekid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Hey there everyone!

I was recently working on porting a font to a iOS-compatible format, and I noticed that the system font needed to be in a TTC format. I've managed to decompile the original TTC font file without any problems (via BREAKTTC.EXE in a DOS emulator), edit the TTF files, and now what? I already tried the TTSDK's "MAKETTC.EXE" within a DOS emulator, but the resulting file was corrupted (it had somehow destroyed the two TTF files I edited, but left the other 6 untouched ones alone).

Now I'm sure that there's a way to do this (recompile/compile TTC files), either on Mac OS/Linux/Windows/DOS. Does anyone know how I'd recompile 8 TTF files successfully? I am exploring the possibility that my editor somehow corrupted the TTF files when editing them, but I am not quite sure yet. I do know that I have successfully edited other TTF files with the editor and they work fine, it's just these decompiled TTF files that seem to choke when edited and recompiled.

Anyone have any help?

I will try another method later, but I'm hoping that I can get this to work.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.