Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
I finally received my apple watch yesterday (couldn't be happier). Still trying to get used to it. I was wondering when I'm not using it, should I power it off completely or leave it in standby like the iPad and iPhone?

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
Treat it like a regular watch. Do you ever turn your regular watch off?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Standby? Is that like when it is on the charger or airplane mode. Or maybe it is the Power Reserve mode.

I have never turned mine off but there are times that I remove it for an hour or so and would like to know.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
I guess it depends on what you mean by "not using it" and for how long. For example, if you're going to take it off for several hours and it won't be on the charger, you might as well turn it off to save the battery, but otherwise I'd say to just leave it. I've had mine since launch day and in the past month I've only turned it off for a couple of resets, and I put it in power reserve mode for the first time last week. I charge it nightly, and have only had one day where I was "worried" about the battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.