Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I recently came back to the iPhone, and I was wondering if it is possible to automatically turn on do not disturb during events that I have in my calendar. Specifically I would like to automatically turn it on while I'm in classes and not have to worry about turning it back off after. A quick google search makes it look like it's not possible but I wanted to check and see if that is something that has changed recently.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This hasn't changed. The only other thing aside from manually turning it on or off is doing it via a basic schedule--basically one time setting to turn it on and one to turn it off (nothing that can be set for different times on different days or multiple times a day or anything like that).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I put in a suggestion to apple on that page, hopefully we see something in a future update, it doesn't seem like the code would be hard for them to write and it would be a useful feature.
Unfortunately something that has been requested since the introduction of DND back in iOS 6 or 5, and it still hasn't changed (aside from one or two changes DND has remained the same basically).

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Unfortunately something that has been requested since the introduction of DND back in iOS 6 or 5, and it still hasn't changed (aside from one or two changes DND has remained the same basically).
Yeah, I'm not too optimistic that they'll change anything anytime soon. But it doesn't hurt to put in the request, it only takes a minute or so of my time.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
This week VladMax released a jailbreak tweak called "MeetingDnD" ($1.99) that does just this, apparently.

Not much help if you're not jailbroken but it show that it can be done.

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
This week VladMax released a jailbreak tweak called "MeetingDnD" ($1.99) that does just this, apparently.

Not much help if you're not jailbroken but it show that it can be done.
Good to know, I'm not sure if that is enough to make me jailbreak. I used to in the early iOS days so I might be able to be persuaded to do it again, but I'm really hesitant to buy any jailbreak tweaks since the next iOS update is likely to break it.

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2013
Just to mention, there is software to get Android phones to do this, and Moto - phones do it out of the box. Not enough to make me give up my iPhone, but it's the one thing I do miss.

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Just to mention, there is software to get Android phones to do this, and Moto - phones do it out of the box. Not enough to make me give up my iPhone, but it's the one thing I do miss.
I used android for a year, to begin with it was interesting, but after using it for a few months I was ready to go back to the iPhone. A missing feature like this definitely isn't enough to get me to go back to Android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.