Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fenix16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
Hi there, I recently purchased a Mac Pro dual quad xeon and was wondering if it is possible to host my music library over the internet so I can login and play it from work.

Basically my dilemma is that my iPod just took its last breath and im looking for an alternative to buying another.

Is there anyway of doing this?

fkntotalkaos

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2007
not sure I understand what the Yazsoft program will do. I have the same question. I have 2 old computers I dont use, and would love to turn 1 into a media computer.

Yazza

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
Toronto
not sure I understand what the Yazsoft program will do. I have the same question. I have 2 old computers I dont use, and would love to turn 1 into a media computer.

This program would not turn the computer into a media server but would fullfill the need I think of the fellow who asked the original question...how to hear your itunes library from a location that is beyond your home and behind a firewall. Using Sharetool you can securely access your home itunes library or any other bonjour service from anywhere in the world on another Mac So this would not be a media server such as Linux MCE etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.