Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
I'm going to be traveling overseas shortly and will be with others who will have a local SIM in their phone. I don't want to receive calls on my iPhone while I'm overseas (don't want to pay the fees), but would like to be able to use the Wifi when available.

Is there a way to turn off the phone part but still have it available for use with Wifi?

blakintosh

macrumors member
May 26, 2008
Go to settings then, click on airplane mode turning it on ;) this way the phone function will be off.

But then you will not be able to use wifi :s maybe there is an app for this?

If you remove the sim you can still use the wifi, so its up to you

hope this helps

RobUM

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2008
Set up call forwarding so that when someone calls you, it goes to a different phone :D (maybe a house phone with an answerming machine saying you're away at the moment)..this way you won't get any calls...(Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding)

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Set up call forwarding so that when someone calls you, it goes to a different phone :D (maybe a house phone with an answerming machine saying you're away at the moment)..this way you won't get any calls...(Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding)

Brilliant! Looks like we have a winner :)

Thanks for the great suggestion!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.