Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
I know it's different and one needs to scroll to the power icon ....

In the past, on TV OS 16, to turn off the TV, AVR, etc - it would just be as simple as tapping the *HOME* button on the remote twice
Now, instead of pressing the button instinctively, one needs to scroll to the power icon, etc....

Am I amiss on a setting. I've looked and don't see a way to gain this similar functionality back

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
I think you must be mistaken as pressing the home button twice has always enabled the app switcher.

To turn off it’s always been a press and hold of the home button and then select Sleep.
(Depending on the remote you’re using you can just press and hold the power button instead)

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Sorry, OP was clear. Same:similar. Holding down home and then sleep (or power). Don't have any more ATV on TVOS16 to mimic but the effect would be that it turns off the TV and AVR at the same time (presumably all via HDMI control)

In OS17, Holding down home, one needs to then trackpad across to power, and then confirm similar function.

In the previous way of doing it, you wouldn't need to find *power*. Just hold down home and G2G

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.