Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sarahetmathis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
France
Hello would you have a tutorial for install Mavericks on my macbook4,1? I am currently in lion bone and I have a bootable mavericks usb key! thanks for your help

Sarahetmathis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
France
I’m running Mavericks on a Black MacBook 4,1. I used OS X Patcher from RMC-Team, it’s pretty flawless and easy. You need a Mac App Store download of Mavericks and 8GB/16GB USB dongle, hopefully you downloaded it in the past.

https://github.com/rmc-team/osx-patcher
Hello,
thank you for your reply. Unfortunately no.
I picked up an old family MacBook and it was never updated through the appstore. What could we do?

but I have a bootable mavericks usb key

CalvinNismo

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2020
Hello,
thank you for your reply.

You’re most welcome. The things I’d advise doing is setting the computer to never go to sleep in System Preferences and disable Mission Control/Spaces in Terminal. Sleep and Exposé are the only 2 things that has caused issues for me. Other than that it’s as fast, if not faster than Lion, with much better compatibility.

Sarahetmathis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
France
You’re most welcome. The things I’d advise doing is setting the computer to never go to sleep in System Preferences and disable Mission Control/Spaces in Terminal. Sleep and Exposé are the only 2 things that has caused issues for me. Other than that it’s as fast, if not faster than Lion, with much better compatibility.
OK, thanks
I will test as soon as I can.
install the patch and I boot the key
I will give you my news soon
thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.