Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Charles Liske

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2020
I am fairly new to the cMP scene and have been considering upgrading my mostly stock machine. I'd love to be able to set up Catalina with all the bells and whistles via OpenCore as shown here, but am not experienced enough with OpenCore and cMPs in general to figure it out myself.
Thanks,
CL

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong

Charles Liske

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2020
Thanks!
[automerge]1585345181[/automerge]
Just read through your guide, and I have one suggestion. Instead of using Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition, use this script: https://github.com/corpnewt/MountEFI . It let me avoid using Clover configurator at all when working on an OC-based Hackintosh and is very easy to use

Last edited:

Macsonic

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2009
I am fairly new to the cMP scene and have been considering upgrading my mostly stock machine. I'd love to be able to set up Catalina with all the bells and whistles via OpenCore as shown here, but am not experienced enough with OpenCore and cMPs in general to figure it out myself.
Thanks,
CL

Just a side note on Catalina, this OS no longer supports 32-Bit apps. But if you don't use 32 Bit apps, you're good to go. I understand Open Core is your preference. In my daily work tasks, I’m using an accounting app, AccountEdge at 32-Bit which will not run in Catalina. Need this accounting app for work and still using Mojave. You can do some reading below

Upgrade Guide Mac Pro 1,1-5,1

Reactions: zoltm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.