Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcmc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Hi,

In my TV app Library i have just the one item, the Chernobyl series I bought from the iTunes Store. I do however have loads of television and movie content currently residing in iTunes on my Mac that I want to copy into my iCloud Drive as I have the 2tb plan.

So the question is where do I copy this to within iCloud Drive so that it can be seen and interacted with in the same Library section of the TV app - i.e. can I copy it all into a media folder and pop it on the iCloud Library desktop for instance?

Thanks,

C.

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
That’s not possible. To watch content not purchased from iTunes you need to use iTunes on your computer and turn on Home Sharing.

jcmc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
But you could at the very least - inelegant as it might be - copy your media content to your drive and access them and download / play via the Files app?

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
Technically yes. But it won’t remember your spot. And you it won’t PIP without a 3rd party app like Documents. At that point you may as well skip the Files app all together.

jcmc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
I guess so. Undermines the claims that Apple makes about the TV app being the hub for all your viewing though.

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
It doesn’t. They never said it was for personal content. How would they be able to know what content you had? Everyone does metadata differently. The TV app is for commercial services.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.