Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrew_salfinger

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2021
Hello, since the Sonoma update for macOS, the TV app playlist folder seems to have strange behavior when you have playlists nested inside a folder. If, for example, you create a new playlist either by left-clicking or dragging it over to the side menu, this will automatically open/expand every folder with nested playlists on the sidebar. If you then close all of them, followed by renaming the playlist, it will open all the folders again. The same thing will happen if you move any playlists, duplicate them, or delete them. Any interaction will cause the folders to open. This also happens when you add new media into the app.

Another issue with playlists is that they no longer remember the view setting you choose. For example, if you set it to Playlist > Grid > List, it will always revert back to the playlist view. This also happens if you just set the playlist to grid, click off the playlist, and click on it again. The view setting will be reset to playlist, unlike in past macOS versions where the playlist would remember to stay in grid mode.

Is this a normal issue that happens with the TV app with the new OS or is this a strange bug I'm only having.

andrew_salfinger

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2021
Still after update 14.2 and 14.3 this issue still happens within the TV app for macOS. With no response from Apple support ticket about the issue either. Hopefully this gets fixed one day. Have anyone else having this issue?

maverick100

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2019
The Apple TV app on my M2 Studio is and has been a total disaster since Sonoma. My video library is over 15tb. Non of the setting are remember for almost any setting. Total mess

IrelandG

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Hello, since the Sonoma update for macOS, the TV app playlist folder seems to have strange behavior when you have playlists nested inside a folder. If, for example, you create a new playlist either by left-clicking or dragging it over to the side menu, this will automatically open/expand every folder with nested playlists on the sidebar. If you then close all of them, followed by renaming the playlist, it will open all the folders again. The same thing will happen if you move any playlists, duplicate them, or delete them. Any interaction will cause the folders to open. This also happens when you add new media into the app.

Another issue with playlists is that they no longer remember the view setting you choose. For example, if you set it to Playlist > Grid > List, it will always revert back to the playlist view. This also happens if you just set the playlist to grid, click off the playlist, and click on it again. The view setting will be reset to playlist, unlike in past macOS versions where the playlist would remember to stay in grid mode.

Is this a normal issue that happens with the TV app with the new OS or is this a strange bug I'm only having.
Hi Andre, I also have this issue; did you ever discover a solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.