Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShizumiAoki

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
Australia
Hello, I was wondering if there was anyway to shuffle a playlist on the TV app? (Just like how a music playlist works on the Apple Music App)

You can do this via the home sharing app on the Apple TV (product not app) where a playlist can be shuffled, however you can not seem to do this via the TV app it self nor do playlists even work on iPadOS/iOS (It’s a bit strange how inconsistent this experience is across apps.)

I know back in the iTunes day you could create a Apple Script that would allow the shuffle button to work but the new TV app dose not seem to allow this?

It would be great to allow this to happen since you could create a playlist of a number of tv shows (such as a couple of different kids cartoons and then shuffle this playlist to randomly play episode to play, so kids at home would be able to watch it (insted of just the same show after show, allowing it to act more like a Sunday mornings cartoon)

Would anyone know how to get this to work within the TV app for macOS?

Thank you for your time, and I hope you have a great day.

ShizumiAoki

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
Australia
I’m guessing there is no way to achieve this since in the old iTunes days, you could create an Apple Script that would allow TV playlists to “shuffle” Bu tit seems the new TV app for macOS dose not support Apple Scripts at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.