Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bushel of Apples

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2017
I presently have HBO, Showtime and Cinemax through the AT&T TV app (formerly DirecTV NOW) which also gives me access to those individual apps (HBO Go, Showtime Anywhere and Cinemax Go). I'm pleased with AT&T TV because of the DVR and also the content on the individual apps. However, just to streamline everything into the Apple TV this makes me interested in getting those channels from Apple instead of AT&T. I do have those apps connected to the TV app but still I'd like to get them from Apple also because of the family sharing feature. So, that leads to my question, will the content be the same on Apple TV Channels as it is from AT&T TV and the individual apps for HBO, Showtime and Cinemax?

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
So, that leads to my question, will the content be the same on Apple TV Channels as it is from AT&T TV and the individual apps for HBO, Showtime and Cinemax?

Yes. The content is exactly the same in the TV app Channels as in the HBO apps, and on AT&T Now.

Something to keep in mind, though, is with a Channels subscription you do NOT get access to the respective apps. You will view all the content via the TV app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.