Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killbynumbers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2019
Ever since the latest update that forces me to watch purchases in the ATV app on my Apple TV, it never remembers where I left off in a season or episode. I can stop in the middle of an episode and press play again and it starts from the beginning again. It also doesn't remember where I left off if I watch on a Mac. I have the setting on the Mac set to use viewing history but it doesn't.

Surprised I can see no other posts about this here.

Pjrufus

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Ever since the latest update that forces me to watch purchases in the ATV app on my Apple TV, it never remembers where I left off in a season or episode. I can stop in the middle of an episode and press play again and it starts from the beginning again. It also doesn't remember where I left off if I watch on a Mac. I have the setting on the Mac set to use viewing history but it doesn't.

Surprised I can see no other posts about this here.
You’re not alone. It’s fairly recent for me, since Amazon Prime no longer supported on my Samsung (4k), have to watch thru ATV (Older 2k.) So annoying.

Killbynumbers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2019
You’re not alone. It’s fairly recent for me, since Amazon Prime no longer supported on my Samsung (4k), have to watch thru ATV (Older 2k.) So annoying.
It's always wanting to start at the first season, first episode every time. I hope this isn't intentional.

Pjrufus

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
It's always wanting to start at the first season, first episode every time. I hope this isn't intentional.
I always end an episode before credits or next episode preview, so episodes will most times (but not always) show as not finished and when I come back to it, it wants to go to the first episode that appears “unfinished”. I also show a whole string of shows under keep watching that I’ve finished.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
I always end an episode before credits or next episode preview, so episodes will most times (but not always) show as not finished and when I come back to

if you long press the select button, you get an option to mark an episode watched,

Prime recently has been leaving me with a few minutes at the end of each episode when I exit during the credits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.