Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lmcintyre

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
So I just picked up a Westinghouse 22 inch lcd for $199 (black friday deal.) I was wondering If anyone knew where I could pick up a cheep tv tuner, nothing fancy just coax in and a video output. The lcd has dvi, vga, component, composite, and s- video, so I should be fine with any output.

also if anyone has this lcd let me know how you like it (I cant open mine until Christmas.)

lmcintyre

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
I dont actually want a piece of hardware that connects to my mac, just a way to watch live tv on my lcd.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
So I just picked up a Westinghouse 22 inch lcd for $199 (black friday deal.) I was wondering If anyone knew where I could pick up a cheep tv tuner, nothing fancy just coax in and a video output. The lcd has dvi, vga, component, composite, and s- video, so I should be fine with any output.

also if anyone has this lcd let me know how you like it (I cant open mine until Christmas.)
If you have a PCI slot there are tons of tuners, I just got a leadtek one for ......$19.99! Its great for PVR but its not Mac, If you are looking for a Mac tuner there just arent many choices, Hybrid looks good and is USB. Because most Macs dont have an available pci slot this has killed off this market for Apple. Go figure, for the media hub not to have Tv is puzzling?:confused:

lmcintyre

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
yep, mac mini so no pci. Thanks for the suggestion but, I was looking to not pay a monthly to crap-cast I guess I may have to though.

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
You could always buy a cheap vcr if you want something to tune basic cable or over the air analog broadcasts, and connect via composite. :rolleyes:

Find a thrift store near you, and you can probably pick one up dirt cheap.

techster85

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2006
Lubbock, TX

MAN! I wanted that monitor! I went to Best Buy 10 minutes after they had sold their last two...The one in the store looked AMAZING so I think you have something to look forward to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.