Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duri

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2013
Rothrist, Switzerland
So where are those new games which require the use of a MFI game controller? Where are the games which support four MFI controllers at the same time?

I was hoping to see much more ports coming to tvOS.
Seems the tvOS ecosystem is not really interesting for developers. I really wish there would be more good software for the new Apple TV :)

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Where indeed? I'd love to see some more complex game come to the ATV now. Even just adding splitscreen multiplayer support to Asphalt 8 would be excellent.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
It was not mentioned by Apple at the developers or iPhone event , I emailed the shovel knight dev and they didnt even know about this

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2015
UK
So where are those new games which require the use of a MFI game controller? Where are the games which support four MFI controllers at the same time?

Seems the tvOS ecosystem is not really interesting for developers. I really wish there would be more good software for the new Apple TV :)

I think that ship has sailed. Apple killed off any interest in the ATV as a gaming platform with their idiotic siri remote stance. People move on and forget about failed platforms.

You can pick up a PS4 or an Xbox One for very little now, and as well as having excellent controllers both of those systems offer games which are light years ahead of anything an Apple TV could deliver.

Personally I'm a firm believer in using the right tool for the job. If you want to take pictures buy a camera, if you want to listen to music buy a good pair of wired cans, and if you want to play games on your TV buy a console.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Isn't there an entire section of the AppStore called "Play With Controllers"

Is that what you are looking for?

MikeatOSX

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2007
Austria
For ATV and MFI games I would look here
https://afterpad.com/appletv/
although it's not a complete list / search result.
I've downloaded many tvOS games, which are playable with my Steelseries nimbus and some of them can use more than one Nimbus (I only have one) and / or Siri Remote for a second player.
My absolute favorite is "Impulse GP", never saw such a fast more-player game.
I will never change to XBox or PS, as playing games is a beautiful minor matter for me on my ATV.
BTW: read this thread by a developer of "Impulse GP" concerning developing games for iOS:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=267148

Reactions: profets

MikeatOSX

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2007
Austria
FYI: incomplete list of ATV 4 games for Nimbus game controller (many of them support up to 4 Nimbus or 3 Nimbus + Siri Remote):

Impulse GP - Super Bike Racing
Giana Sisters
Zen Pinball
Oceanhorn
Heroki
Alto's Adventure
The legend of Skyfish
Playroom Racer 3
Riptide GP: Renegade
Air Wings
Nanosaur 2
Bugdom 2
Cueist
Asphalt 8: Airborne
Moto Bike Racer 3D
Rush Rally 2
Battle Supremacy: Evolution
Infinite Tanks
Galaxy on fire: Manticore Rising
Minion Rush
Jet Battle 3D
737 Flight Simulator
Real Racing 3
Forest Flyer
These games do not work with Nimbus at this time (incomplete list):

10 Pin Shuffle Pro Bowling
Solitaire
Highway Rider: On the run
Motorbike GP
Racing Driver

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I think that ship has sailed. Apple killed off any interest in the ATV as a gaming platform with their idiotic siri remote stance. People move on and forget about failed platforms.

You can pick up a PS4 or an Xbox One for very little now, and as well as having excellent controllers both of those systems offer games which are light years ahead of anything an Apple TV could deliver.

Personally I'm a firm believer in using the right tool for the job. If you want to take pictures buy a camera, if you want to listen to music buy a good pair of wired cans, and if you want to play games on your TV buy a console.

Actually, some of my most favorite games are on AppleTV, but those devs decided to make their game ATV4 and gaming controller compatible.

Many, many, others, not.

Those companies are "committed to mobile gaming" of which the AppleTV is not. They're not bothering to make their games ATV4 compatible.

NTM - I've seen XBox 360 4Gig core units at a local shop go for $60, and PS3 12Gig for $99 - sort of worthless to get an AppleTV at $149 to play games on...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.