Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michelasso

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Treviso, Italy
I use the dark theme in my ATV 4K and it used to be just dark grey. Also just after updating to 11.3 beta. Then (last night I think) it switched to dark brown. Is it related to the the fact that we moved into February (and each month has its own colour)? Or is it a bug?

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Typically the background is slightly transparent.....so based on what Aerial screensaver was active it will change the hue of the background. You can turn that transparency off via the Accessibility settings on the ATV.

Michelasso

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Treviso, Italy
Typically the background is slightly transparent.....so based on what Aerial screensaver was active it will change the hue of the background. You can turn that transparency off via the Accessibility settings on the ATV.
Ow, ok. It would make sense indeed. I had the (yellowish) desert dunes showing, lately. I'll keep it like that, then. I was just worried something was wrong! Thanks. :)

Reactions: iReality85

iReality85

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2008
Upstate NY
Thank you for this! I had the same desert dunes background come up. Was wondering why all of a sudden the light theme looked like sherbet and the dark theme looked like s*** brown. I was concerned it might have been my TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.