Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onlyremainingname

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2018
CAN & USA
After the Apple TV pestered me for a while to update, I finally gave in and updated. Now the control4 remote doesn't work with Apple TV. It will go to the correct TV input, but I need to use the remote app on iOS to wake up the Apple TV now. I have tried restarting the Apple TV and the entire control4 system and the connection is still broken. Anyone else in the same boat?
Wanted to know if there is anything I can do myself to fix this or if I have to call my control4 dealer.

winstars

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2015
After the Apple TV pestered me for a while to update, I finally gave in and updated. Now the control4 remote doesn't work with Apple TV. It will go to the correct TV input, but I need to use the remote app on iOS to wake up the Apple TV now. I have tried restarting the Apple TV and the entire control4 system and the connection is still broken. Anyone else in the same boat?
Wanted to know if there is anything I can do myself to fix this or if I have to call my control4 dealer.

Have you tried after making sure the ATV is awake(using the iOS?) doing this:

Point your remote three inches away from your Apple TV. Then press and hold your remote's Menu and Volume Up buttons for five seconds. If asked, place your remote on top of Apple TV to complete pairing.

Reactions: onlyremainingname

JasonHB

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2010
Warwickshire, UK

I have been running the beta for months and now running the public release and have had no issues at all.

I am a C4 dealer in the UK Do you know what driver you are using? IP I assume, but do you know which one as there are a few of them.

Jason

Reactions: onlyremainingname

onlyremainingname

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2018
CAN & USA
I have been running the beta for months and now running the public release and have had no issues at all.

I am a C4 dealer in the UK Do you know what driver you are using? IP I assume, but do you know which one as there are a few of them.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Where would I find out what driver I am using? Still getting to know the control4 system so my technical knowledge is limited.

Spiderwoman

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020

ATV4K IOS14 broke my remote to control my Marantz AV8805 AV processor, I used to be able to press the + or - on the siri remote to control the volume for my AV processor. I cannot switch on the "control TV and receiver option" in the ATV 4K setting. My CEC function is enabled on my AV processor. The old ATV4K frmware used to work. so annoying!!!

Spiderwoman

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
The firmware OS14 is a piece of crab and so afraid to update again to OS 14.0.1 or higher. I really don't want to see more functions are not working. However, I will wait for more updated firmware rolling out then I will go from there. The control TV and receiver under remote control is not be able to enable it to on, it stuck at off.

Reactions: jazz1

onlyremainingname

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2018
CAN & USA
Update, it is working again. Didn't even get to contacting the control4 dealer. The issue resolved itself after a power outage we got for about an hour and that seems to have caused the remote to work again with control4.

Even though I did restart the control4 system as a troubleshooting attempt when the control4 remote unpaired with the apple tv after the update, it didn't work at the time. Maybe I didn't give the system enough time during the shut down.
So I guess the lesson here is to wait several minutes when restarting the control4 system in order to properly troubleshoot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.