Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Anyone else having issues with HomeKit and TVOS17?
Ever since I got my new iPhone 15 PM, my HomeKit devices wouldn't work. Updated my AppleTV 4k which was my hub to TVOS17 and now it is just stuck. Won't let me select a room and just keeps spinning and states syncing with iCloud, please wait (but has been going on for days!) and I have a notice at the top of Settings that says you must update your TVOS to join a Home...well my ATV IS on 17!

I've rebooted my router, signed in and out of iCloud, even finally gave in and factory reset the ATV and it's still not working! Not sure if this is a bug or if there is something that I haven't tried, but anyone else either having issues and had success with a solution, or are you able to run HomeKit with your ATV4 successfully on OS17?

IMG_6146.JPG

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Finally figured it out for anyone else running into the issue.
Even though I had upgraded and reset the ATV, I tried it again but this time selected reset AND upgrade instead of just reset. Just in case it had missed some files or something when updating from software update in settings. Appears to be working now.

Razorguy

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2023
We have 80 AppleTVs at our school. About 30 were updated to TVOS17 before we blocked it. Almost all of them are having this problem if the MacBook connected to them goes to sleep or shuts down while still mirrored to the AppleTV. Restarting the AppleTV seems to work 90% of the time, but occasionally it has to be restarted a couple of times.

Just remember to disconnect from the AppleTV and hope TVOS17.1 fixes the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.