Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martinpa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
I was wondering if there was a way to disable the video previews within the YouTube app on the AppleTV (when a video is highlighted, it sometimes shows a short snippet of the video)

It’s happened several times now that I have been spoiled movies or tv shows because of these previews, even when the content creator makes an effort to make a spoiler-free thumbnail (especially when the video is at the top left of my Home page and therefore highlighted by default).

I’ve looked at the settings within the app, but the selection of things you can customize is very anemic.

xeiooo

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2022
Yes i dont like it, too. Overall the youtube app is very bad. I like the youtube app on the samsung tizenOs more.

Reactions: Martinpa

Martinpa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
Yes i dont like it, too. Overall the youtube app is very bad. I like the youtube app on the samsung tizenOs more.
I’ve also been having an issue where if I close my tv while a video is playing (which happens often), when I turn it back on, the Audi of the video continues playing and the only way to stop it is to start a new video (or to quit out of the YouTube app). For a company as big a google, those sort of problems should be ironed out somewhat quickly, but no…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.