Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
When using Reduce Transparency I don't mind the grey areas elsewhere but the dock looks hideous. Is there any way via a tweak you can enable reduce transparency in settings but keep the "real" dock (ie: the one that is semi transparent)?

Thanks!

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
When using Reduce Transparency I don't mind the grey areas elsewhere but the dock looks hideous. Is there any way via a tweak you can enable reduce transparency in settings but keep the "real" dock (ie: the one that is semi transparent)?

Thanks!

I'm interested in this too.

Or maybe just remove the dock background.

TransparentDock.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR

Thanks!

I'm interested in this too.

Or maybe just remove the dock background.

TransparentDock.

I use HideMe8 to hide the dock background. I also use it for a lot of other tweaks, like hiding apps and using a custom carrier text and more.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
Yeah, I seen the TransparentDock tweak which removes the dock altogether, but I was hoping there was a tweak which allowed you to choose which items were affected by Reduce Transparency.

Dock - ON/OFF
Notification Center - ON/OFF
Control Center - ON/OFF
Safari - ON/OFF
Keyboard - ON/OFF

Basically on iOS 8 with the semi transparent keyboard there is some input/lag and I'd like to run everything with transparency turned off EXCEPT the home screen dock. Safari is generally a stuttering mess on iOS 8 but it's fluid with Reduce Transparency turned on. However, I'd like the dock to remain as it is normally.

sw6lee

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2013
I would really love a tweak like this as well! I just want semi-transparency on dock and control centre. The grey looks just terrible. Maybe folder too? I can't seem to make grey folder icon just transparent. No blur is needed. Of course the folder background should also be transparent, matching the icon - this I could do it with a tweak when I tried a while ago, but not the icon. I don't care about in-app and keyboard, and other blur effects. Maybe we should do a "Request" feature on Jailbreak subreddit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.