Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yokken

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Hey all,

I'm wondering if there is a tweak to make the dock transparent that's compatible with iOS 6.1. I installed WinterBoard and checked "Remove WallGradient" and "Transparent Dock" but it didn't do anything. I've got an iPad 4 if that could somehow many any difference. :p

If someone has done it, please let me know!!!

Last edited:

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Hey all,

I'm wondering if there is a tweak to make the dock transparent that's compatible with iOS 6.1. I installed WinterBoard and checked "Remove WallGradient" and "Transparent Dock" but it didn't do anything. I've got an iPad 4 if that could somehow many any difference. :p

If someone has done it, please let me know!!!

Springtomize 2

yokken

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
I have Springtomize 2, it doesn't have an option to make the dock transparent. It gets rid of shadows and reflections, but the dock itself is still there. I still want the icons in the dock, I just want the dock bar thing gone.

yokken

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
I've tried untoggling it, rebooting, toggling it, rebooting, nothing happens. I've only installed like 6 or 7 tweaks like Nitrous, Zephyr, Springtomize 2, and a few other small ones. It doesn't seem to want to work.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I've tried untoggling it, rebooting, toggling it, rebooting, nothing happens. I've only installed like 6 or 7 tweaks like Nitrous, Zephyr, Springtomize 2, and a few other small ones. It doesn't seem to want to work.

have you tried moving it up to the top of the winterboard list? just an idea...

yokken

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Like I said, it doesn't work for me. I'm trying every combo of everything and I can't get it to work. Here is what it looks like with Transparent Dock checked and at the top of the list:

3adkRT8.jpg

3-pack

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2013
Transparent Dock

Search Cydia for Transparent Dock for iPad 3. It says its for IOS 5.1, but it works fine with 6.1 as well.

lissa5168

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2011
East TN
I have Springtomize 2, it doesn't have an option to make the dock transparent. It gets rid of shadows and reflections, but the dock itself is still there. I still want the icons in the dock, I just want the dock bar thing gone.

Springtomize 2 does it. I'm using it on mine right now. FYI it's not under the Dock settings. It's under Theming. Toggle the "Use Custom Dock" on.

3-pack

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2013
Transparent Dock for iPad 3 is a Winterboard theme, and it works just fine without any need to theme the dock in Springtomize. Just put it at the top of your Winterboard theme list and you'll have a transparent dock.

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2012
If you put other themes in there (such as other docks) then it will. If you don't select a theme (or there are none in there), checking the option to "on" will give you a transparent dock.

OK cool but winter board transparent dry dock is working for me (iPod touch 5)
Not sure went it doesn't work for op
But which one is better (winterboard or springtomize) in term of battery usage?

yokken

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Holy crap, it worked! I went into Springtomize, Theming, Use Custom Dock. When I click select dock it puts this small progress bar thing on my screen but there is nothing to do. So anyway, I turned that on. Then I went into Cydia, installed that Transparent Dock iPad 3 tweak, went into WinterBoard, unchecked Transparent Dock, checked the iPad 3 Transparent Dock, and re-sprung (lol). Then when I unlocked it was transparent! Yay!!!!

Thanks for everything!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.