Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
I wonder if the new Apple TV will get a Twitch app in a reasonable amount of time

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Twitch is owned by Amazon, so it may not happen with Amazon acting like a dumb 6 year old lately.

Reactions: Lotti

TalentBurke

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2015
They have the unofficial app is available for download but it's not that good in my opinion. I still prefer using the app on my phone via AirPlay. I hope the official app is better.

DieselPuppet

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2015
UnTwitched
320x192bb-300x180.png

chuckm1020

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2009
Yah untwitched needs a lot of work. Very lucky for a stream to even start on it. And would like an option to sign into my twitch account to atleast see my favorites. still glad someone is working on something out there. shouldn't of been a paid app at this time for how bad it is though.

TalentBurke

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2015
Yah untwitched needs a lot of work. Very lucky for a stream to even start on it. And would like an option to sign into my twitch account to atleast see my favorites. still glad someone is working on something out there. shouldn't of been a paid app at this time for how bad it is though.
Yeah man. You can't even select the video quality, not being able to sign in and the browsing sucks but I think it will be fine with a few updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.