Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elven

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2008
UK
Hi all.

I went for the upgrade due to limited time, all is fine and I quite suited with ML, however I was looking forward to seeing Twitters integration with the new notification centre. And even with me reinstalling Twitter (uninstalled with Appcleaner) it fails to show in the centre, and in system preferences it is not listed in the notification centres configuration menus either.

Just hoping someone could point me to the solution on this.

:apple:

Last edited:

Elven

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2008
UK
Just have now thanks!

Just to be clear you have to go into your preferences and then mail/contacts/calendars and setup your Twitter name and password, once that is done you are all set.

techocd

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Canada
Unlike in iOS Twitter does not link in any way to the official Twitter app from the Mac App Store. I don't know how it does what it does, but the Twitter link goes to the website. Like iOS (by default) it won't show your followers tweets, only @replies, etc. You can add your account in system preferences, like email.

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
Unlike in iOS Twitter does not link in any way to the official Twitter app from the Mac App Store. I don't know how it does what it does, but the Twitter link goes to the website. Like iOS (by default) it won't show your followers tweets, only @replies, etc. You can add your account in system preferences, like email.

Yeah I find this annoying, perhaps an update on the official Twitter app will change this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.