Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otetzone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2019
Hello community,
Strange thing has happened. I'm on OS 10.9.5 and for some reason I noticed that the twitter widget is missing from my Notification Center. Messages are there but I remember there certainly was Twitter as well, right next to Messages.
After googling the issue I figured that I just needed to add my Twitter account via System Preferences. However as I tried to make it I got what I posted on the screenshot below. I have double checked username and password and I have no problem logging in online on twitter.com however I don't see the way to add the account into the system and get the twitter thing back to my Notification Center.
I would really appreciate your help.

Attachments

• twitter.png
    twitter.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 135

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
Probably Twitter changed the way it's authentication system works, so 10.9.5 built-in support does not work anymore.

otetzone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2019
Could there be a chance that the password is too simple for the system but is still okay for the website? I mean, I could have checked myself to change the passwords here and there but it's such a hassle. I just hoped there's somebody here who could tell for sure so I wouldn't waste time for that at least.

Here's what the Console says: 9/3/21 11:28:27.278 PM accountsd[170]: /SourceCache/Accounts/Accounts-336.9/ACDAccountStore.m - __70-[ACDAccountStore saveAccount:pid:verify:dataclassActions:completion:]_block_invoke539 - 1362 - Could not verify account: The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.accounts error 3.)

It's s a v e A c c o u n t : p i d : v e r i f y : that gives it a stupid smile if I copy-paste it.

I can vaguely remember that I wanted to get rid of it from the Notification Center a long time ago. I checked my notes and found a document that doesn't make any sense to me but might have something to do with it -

Attachments

• twitter.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

otetzone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2019
update:
Changed password and it still wouln't help. What the hell is going on there.

upd: guess Ritsuka is correct

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.