Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chiefdave

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Since upgrading to iOS 15 I've got a weird problem on twitter which I can't find any reference to online, although that just may be as I'm not sure what to google.

I open the app and I get new tweets at the top of my feed as you'd expect. But it only loads the last hours new tweets. Before I then got a 'show more tweets' message that I could click on and it would load the next set of tweets and I could repeat that process until my feed contained every tweet since my last use of the app.

Now I get the last hours new tweets and it goes straight to the old tweets from however many hours ago I last looked at the app, no option to load more new tweets.

The feed is set to show latest tweets, changing between latest and home makes no difference. Completely shutting down the app, refreshing the feed repeatedly or clearing media storage does nothing.

The only thing that solves it is to either remove the account then add it back or to remove the app completely and reinstall.

This is only happening on my iPad, not my iPhone, yet both are running the same version of iOS, the same version of the twitter app, and accessing the same twitter account. Oddly this only happens on one of the two twitter accounts I have on my iPad, the other works as normal.

Has anyone else had this problem and / or know how to fix it?

JohnDG

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
Same problem here yet I am still on iOS 14. Started a couple of days ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.