Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsmilo

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
I have two Apple IDs (a German and a US one). How can I make sure to activate the one year free trial of Apple TV+ with the correct Apple ID? Does it choose whatever Apple ID I sign in with on the new phone for the very first time on the new device or how does that work? I want to make sure it’s the America one because that is the one I am logged in with on my Apple TV

hobspain

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
I have two Apple IDs (a German and a US one). How can I make sure to activate the one year free trial of Apple TV+ with the correct Apple ID? Does it choose whatever Apple ID I sign in with on the new phone for the very first time on the new device or how does that work? I want to make sure it’s the America one because that is the one I am logged in with on my Apple TV
I think what matters is the AppleId that you are using for iCloud.
My brother, who is in my family sharing group, got himself a new iPad. I was surprised to see that I had the full year AppleTV+ subscription just because even though he has his pen separate AppleID the iCloud AppleID he has is the one of the family sharing group.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I have two  id’s also. My iCloud Id (in France ) and another one (US) for iTunes. The subscription showed up under the US id even though my new phone was bought in France

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Slightly different but similar issue. I've had Apple stuff from very early before there was a .me or .icloud and thus my original Apple ID was another email. When I bought iPhone, iPads, I had created a .me ID. But purchases were still on the other ID. I think there were a bunch of us from the early days like that. Recently I bought a new iPad (first device in a couple of years). Bought it using my .me ID. Then I received and email about 1 year free Apple TV+. On my Mac Book .me is only ID. Others devices list the .me as the ID but purchases under other. When I applied the free year it only shows up on my Mac Book with everything including purchases set up as .me. Can't get it on my other devices with different purchase ID. Talked to Apple and I get there is "nothing" they can do about it.
I've thought about getting rid of the other ID but afraid I'd lose all my purchases. Oh well probably won't watch much TV+

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.