Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sharkfin25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2020
Hi,

I just bought an additional Apple TV so that we don't have to move the original back and forth from the living room to the bedroom. I set up the new Apple TV to mirror the existing one and it was all good until we attempted to watch something. The Hulu app won't open at all. The Lifetime app opens and asks me to sign it with my provider. When I do, it say Success!, but never loads. All the apps work as expected on the original ATV. I have updated the software on the new ATV to the latest version. Anyone have a similar issue? If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks!

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Hi,

I just bought an additional Apple TV so that we don't have to move the original back and forth from the living room to the bedroom. I set up the new Apple TV to mirror the existing one and it was all good until we attempted to watch something. The Hulu app won't open at all. The Lifetime app opens and asks me to sign it with my provider. When I do, it say Success!, but never loads. All the apps work as expected on the original ATV. I have updated the software on the new ATV to the latest version. Anyone have a similar issue? If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks!

Nope. I have three Apple TV’s here all setup with the same userids and providers and everything works fine. Try swapping them with each other and see if it has something to do with your network.

sharkfin25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2020
Nope. I have three Apple TV’s here all setup with the same userids and providers and everything works fine. Try swapping them with each other and see if it has something to do with your network.
I'll give it a try, but the new ATV is literally right in front of the router.

Thanks!

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Also i assume you tried rebooting. When I first setup my most recent Apple tv 4K, a few apps wouldn’t launch. I ended up having to delete them and reinstall them.

sharkfin25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2020
Also i assume you tried rebooting. When I first setup my most recent Apple tv 4K, a few apps wouldn’t launch. I ended up having to delete them and reinstall them.
Yep! I just deleted the apps that weren't working and re-downloaded and they all seem to work now.

Thanks to everyone who replied!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.