Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gccumber

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
This morning I got two emails from Apple that my authorized device "Persepolis" had been removed as a trusted device. However when I logged into my account - Apple ID - it was still listed as my primary trusted device.

Anyone else have this issue? Should I be worried?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 255

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Can u untrust it from your account, then add it back see what happens?

it may have just been a glitch.

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
Just seen this thread and wanted to chime in because I've been having some issues with it myself.

Twice in the last 24 hours and about six times over the last couple of weeks, my iPhone has thrown up an alert box asking me to enter my iCloud password in settings because it couldn't verify (or something like that).

Whether entering it, or cancelling the prompt, I then receive two emails saying my iPhone automatically been removed as a trusted device.

I log in to my Apple ID and re-enable it and it's ok again for a while.

There aren't any other devices on my account besides my own (and one other) so I've not been hacked or anything.

Any ideas?

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
This morning I got two emails from Apple that my authorized device "Persepolis" had been removed as a trusted device. However when I logged into my account - Apple ID - it was still listed as my primary trusted device.

Anyone else have this issue? Should I be worried?

I had the same thing about 3 weeks ago. I changed my password, re-added my iPhone, and carried on.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Are you all on beta versions (or production iOS)? I'm currently on beta iOS and OS X and this has been happening to me since the latest beta round (I think). Like sterumbelow, it's happened a handful of times now.

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
Are you all on beta versions (or production iOS)? I'm currently on beta iOS and OS X and this has been happening to me since the latest beta round (I think). Like sterumbelow, it's happened a handful of times now.
I'm on the Public Beta.

Very frustrating as it happened to me again yesterday. I've now changed my password and am hoping it doesn't occur again.

Will keep you posted...

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
I have an iPad on the beta, and this happened to me as well. Only once so far.

A.

sterumbelow

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
This is SO irritating.

I changed my password a couple of days ago. Had the verify thing come up once but my device wasn't removed as a trusted device.

It's just happened again now but has removed it just like before. Ugh.

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
Latest Public Beta installed now. Let's see if it goes wrong again.

Same here. Changed my iCloud password last time. Had to log in after the upgrade and had that ever-so-brief but terrifying moment when the old password did not work :)

A.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.