Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saturn007

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Sounds like the beginning of a bad joke.

In any case, does an Apple Watch have a way of tracking *two* people's walks separately? My spouse and I often walk at different times and it would be good to track those separately.

Neither of us normally wears a watch, but we'd value the fall feature and emergency SOS calling of the watch — and a way of tracking our separate distances.

Oh, related to that. Does the Apple Watch allow for tracking two different people's EKGs, much as our home blood pressure monitor does for BP? It has a simple 1/2 switch.

My guess is that the answer is going to be a resounding NO to both, but would like confirmation.

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
The Apple Watch can be paired to only one Apple ID at the time, the same Apple ID used on the paired iphone where all the health data is stored. You could technically pair and unpair the watch each time you change the person who is using it, but it’s a process that takes about 10 min so it’s far from convenient. Same goes for ECG and BP. The device is meant for personal use

Saturn007

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Thanks for your response. In my case, there'd be no need to pair it with two IDs… it'd be paired with only one.

I wonder if any non-Apple fitness tracker has the capability of tracking two users. Or, if there's way to jury-rig Apple's to somehow distinguish two fitness profiles.

As to EKG, it would seem a worthwhile feature to permit the occasional check of someone else's heart rhythms without messing with the main data. I could see where a family might want to check each adult's and teen's EKG every now and then — and flag them separately. I suppose the way to do this is to take the EKG, then send the corresponding PDF for that instance to the printer.

You've made an interesting point that I hadn't focused on. Namely, that the health data is stored on the iPhone, not the watch. I thought the watch kept track and then synced with iCloud. In any case, it could still do so, just flagging the data under more than one user — if Apple permitted that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.