Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I'm trying to figure out whether this is possible, and I'm finding conflicting info.

I have a PS5 and a PS4, two copies of Bloodborne (one from the PSN subscription and a disc version) and one paid PSN account. My question is simple: Can two of us, on the same LAN, play a co-op game without buying anything else?

If I have both consoles signed into my account and try to load the downloaded version of BB then it'll kick the first console out of the game when I log in on the second one. Would using the disc version on one machine work around this? (I've lent it to a different friend so can't test it right now).

Even if I can launch the game on both machines, would we then be able to play together? Or will it refuse to go online because the same account's signed in on the other console?

I read that a free account can still go online on a PS4 if there's a paid account attached as "primary"... but will that work if I'm also signed in on my PS5?

Hopefully a second paid account isn't required for LAN play, but I wouldn't put Sony past that kind of money grab.

Any ideas on whether this is all possible?

msmyrtle

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2023
I'm curious about an update on this, I'd guess that you'll need two paid accounts to be able to pull it off though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.