Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Hi, two cardboard trade in boxes arrived at the same time with my new iPhone and watch. There's a unique customer reference number on each label but I don't know how to match that with the correct item. Can anyone help and explain how I figure out which box to send which item in?

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
You can reprint the labels from the apple store, or see which one matches.
Thanks for the quick reply. Are you in the UK? it might be different here. I can't find an option to do that on the Apple Store. There's only track my return which leads to the Royal Mail site or to print out the invoice for the device I purchased?

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Hi, two cardboard trade in boxes arrived at the same time with my new iPhone and watch. There's a unique customer reference number on each label but I don't know how to match that with the correct item. Can anyone help and explain how I figure out which box to send which item in?
I had the exact same issue, if you ring apple and get put through to an agent if you give them either order number for your new phone or watch they will be able to give you the customer reference that matches the device you are sending back, I had to do the same thing yesterday.

Reactions: StudioMacs

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
I had the exact same issue, if you ring apple and get put through to an agent if you give them either order number for your new phone or watch they will be able to give you the customer reference that matches the device you are sending back, I had to do the same thing yesterday.
thanks so much. This is crazy lol

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply. Are you in the UK? it might be different here. I can't find an option to do that on the Apple Store. There's only track my return which leads to the Royal Mail site or to print out the invoice for the device I purchased?

Sorry, U.S. maybe post above can help. If you can't match the label to the track page you mentioned, guess you have to do what Broken Hope says.

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Just to follow up. Spoke with a. Apple agent over iMessage. It was so great to speak to excellent customer support. He answered my question straight away and it was clear it was a knowledgable human. Or a VERY good AI bot. lol but all fixed And sent off. Thanks For the assist.

midnightsky432

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
Just to follow up. Spoke with a. Apple agent over iMessage. It was so great to speak to excellent customer support. He answered my question straight away and it was clear it was a knowledgable human. Or a VERY good AI bot. lol but all fixed And sent off. Thanks For the assist.
I also sent in a trade in (uk) with Apple, Royal Mail says it’s delivered two days after I sent it, I used the tracking code on that was on the label they sent, but Apple have yet to acknowledge themselves on the Apple Store and trade in tracker that they’ve got it. Has your trade in tracker updated?

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
I also sent in a trade in (uk) with Apple, Royal Mail says it’s delivered two days after I sent it, I used the tracking code on that was on the label they sent, but Apple have yet to acknowledge themselves on the Apple Store and trade in tracker that they’ve got it. Has your trade in tracker updated?
My Watch and Phone were sent off at the same time, same location.. headed to same destination.. with 48hrs tracking.. but the watch got there the next day and the phone 2 days later.. According to the track your trade in link apple sent.. they have verified the condition of my watch.. nothing yet on the phone.. still says waiting to deliver.. but as it was a few days behind the watch arriving so I'm not worried yet.

Looking back at previous years, the phone launching at various points in September for reference.. I've been paid as quickly as 10-14 days and other times I've had to wait till Dec 1st. So over two months.. Though that's only happened once and I was really starting to panic..

Reactions: midnightsky432

midnightsky432

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2023
My Watch and Phone were sent off at the same time, same location.. headed to same destination.. with 48hrs tracking.. but the watch got there the next day and the phone 2 days later.. According to the track your trade in link apple sent.. they have verified the condition of my watch.. nothing yet on the phone.. still says waiting to deliver.. but as it was a few days behind the watch arriving so I'm not worried yet.

Looking back at previous years, the phone launching at various points in September for reference.. I've been paid as quickly as 10-14 days and other times I've had to wait till Dec 1st. So over two months.. Though that's only happened once and I was really starting to panic..
Thank you, I actually checked again, the trade in tracker on the Apple Store app hasn’t updated and says they’re yet to receive it but on Apple Store website, it’s updated to say they’ve got it (today), so it’s all good now, I assume they’ll probably check over it tomorrow

CBlakeston

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Thank you, I actually checked again, the trade in tracker on the Apple Store app hasn’t updated and says they’re yet to receive it but on Apple Store website, it’s updated to say they’ve got it (today), so it’s all good now, I assume they’ll probably check over it tomorrow
Just checked mine on the store app and my phone has been received too. Hopefully it’s quick this year ☺️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.