Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gomesa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Our corporate wireless network has a very secure wireless password utilising a number of unusual characters. e.g. ]|_~\<^>`%. In order to enter the complete pasword I need to enter the ` character. This does not appear anywhere on the iPhone keyboard (or extended keyboards.)

Does anyone know how I can type this character?
Alternatively - does anyone know how to copy this password from a PC/Mac onto the iPhone. I know the "com.apple.wifi.plist" file on the iPhone stores various wireless settings but not the actual passwords.

I look forward to a response to this challenge...

RobUM

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2008
Hmm...my first response would be to email it to yourself, then copy and paste...but I guess that's not really an option with the iPhone since that features sort of lacking.
Is there anyway you can speak to the person in charge of the password and have them take out that character?
Other than that I'm not really sure. I checked every key (and each of it's alternative keys) and can't find it. You might just have to live with Edge :p
...or perhaps there's a JB that adds some characters?

I don't know..that's just a bunch of shots in the dark...I'm trying to be helpful, but I guess I'm not... :(

gomesa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Yeah - cut 'n paste would be ideal... (come on Apple!) :p

Unfortunately the wireless network is used extensively and there is no way the key will be changed.

Thanks for the comments though...

I suspect the only way will be to manually setup the wireless profile and password through the phones data files. (plists etc.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.