Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012

I’m set on getting iPhone 15 pro max (upgrading from iPhone 11). I want to buy a case before i get my iPhone 15 PM.

I want to get a protective shock/drop proof case. For my iPhone 15PM.

I was digging the UAG civilian for its simplicity and I love the colorway and contrast of it (orange and green) but looking at all UAG cases for the iPhone 15, it seems like there’s no button for the action button. It’s an open cutout/hole just like iPhone 14 and prior.

Come on UAG, looks like I’ll look somewhere else.

S7anley

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2020
Cheltenham, England
I’ve pressed the action button instead of the volume up enough times now to think this might actually be the better way of doing it, as long as the button doesn’t sit too deep and the cut out is large enough.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
IMG_1818.jpeg

The Civilian appears to be the first model with a proper action button. Supposedly, the remaining models will also be switched over in the coming weeks.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Is the Civillian with action button for 15 Pro available now?

All the stock pics on Amazon show no action button. And listed as “coming soon” for all colors for 15 Pro on uag.com (pics show action button). Full availability for 15 Pro Max. Hmmm…

tandp74

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
IL
Is the Civillian with action button for 15 Pro available now?

All the stock pics on Amazon show no action button. And listed as “coming soon” for all colors for 15 Pro on uag.com (pics show action button). Full availability for 15 Pro Max. Hmmm…
For whatever reason, they didn’t update the pics, but the product description on the Amazon listing includes this info:
  • ENHANCED FUNCTIONALITY: A traction grip surrounds the perimeter for easy handling. Ultra-responsive oversized tactile buttons deliver crisp, clean click-feel—integrated lanyard anchor points & lanyard card compatibility (lanyard not included) for on the go functionality. ***NOTE: Product is updated with Action Button cover.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
For whatever reason, they didn’t update the pics, but the product description on the Amazon listing includes this info:
  • ENHANCED FUNCTIONALITY: A traction grip surrounds the perimeter for easy handling. Ultra-responsive oversized tactile buttons deliver crisp, clean click-feel—integrated lanyard anchor points & lanyard card compatibility (lanyard not included) for on the go functionality. ***NOTE: Product is updated with Action Button cover.
Good catch! And it is stated as “updated” in the title of the listings:

URBAN ARMOR GEAR UAG [Updated Version] Case Compatible with iPhone 15 Pro Case 6.1" Civilian​

I wonder when UAG is gonna have them available direct for the 15 Pro? They are on sale for $44.95 right now, plus can get 10% off…

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
FYI, per UAG customer service:

We have added the action button to our Civilian cases. At this time, we do not have an exact ETA for the revised version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.