Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxMACxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
Historically I've bought leather cases and after buying/returning the "woven" ones I decided to try something different for me and my wife. I ordered the UAG Monarch Pro cases. I actually like the case and it was advertised with MagSafe charging so I bought 2. While the magnet seems pretty good/strong the ability to charge wirelessly is not good. Both my truck and home have genuine apple chargers but mine has not charged any of the 3 nights, and my wife's only charged 1 of the 3 nights. I can see the charging drop in and out when it's hanging in my truck. Anyone run into this and know a way to improve it? I did reach out to Under Armor Gear to get their input but haven't heard anything back. We like the case, just not sure if I want to forgo the wireless charging.

Thanks!
Michael

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
Oh no. I avoided buying UAG for iPhone 15 because they are just recycling an old iPhone 14 cases and rebranding it for iPhone 15.

They didn’t even bother to cover the hole cutout for the action button with an actual button.

Reactions: xxMACxx

xxMACxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
Thanks for replies. They never responded to me on Facebook so I'll be returning them. I went ahead and ordered a "Rockford" case which specifically said they supported it. Now after seeing some posts on Facebook they might have the same issue. They arrive Thursday so I'll find out then. If not, they'll go back too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.