Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dalcorn1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Some of the app logos are really horrible...i dont want them on my iPhone screen ruining it's beauty

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
A lot of them look crowded too. Super Monkey Ball looks more complex than what was shown on the March 6th event. AIM is better than the March 6th, though :).

McCarron

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2006
Also for some reason the AppStore is not obeying rules set in the program for adding the shine to the Application Icon. My two games are not being set properly, very frustrating.

McCarron

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2006
Yeah thats what I am talking about, Apple messed up something. Internally all applications have flat square icons. iTunes and the iPhone are supposed to round the edges for us. And also not all applications are supposed to have the "gloss" on it.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
You guys have it all wrong! The AppStore icons are treated EXACTLY like webclip icons. The icon is square, but then the iPhone adds the mask and shine to it. I *believe* you'll be able to change the icon just by replacing the Artwork in the "Get Info" window in iTunes. It makes sense... the App icons could be treated exactly like Artwork. Apple would be smart to do this so that people don't have to jailbreak to change an ugly icon.

Edit: I can't seem to paste anything over the default icon in iTunes so we may only be able to manually edit the package contents but, then again... the Code Signing may prevent the App from even launching if we modify it in any way. What a major bummer.

McCarron

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2006
Exactly, for instance the AIM icon is rounded on my device here. iTunes should be displaying them rounded everywhere, but they are not for some reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.