Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Fresh install of 10.8.3, upgraded from 10.7.0 via the Mac App Store. Got 10.7.0 on the Mac via the USB boot disk that Apple used to sell (and I snapped up before they disappeared). Finder Sidebar preferences are always unchecked, no matter what the actual values are. See image.

Attachments

• prefs_bug.png
    prefs_bug.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I took have no issues and no bug. I went from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I would delete your Finder preference file and re-set your prefs.

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
My other Mac that was upgraded does not suffer from this bug. I was thinking of the same workaround / attempt at a fix - namely deleting the prefs file. I will give that a try.

MagnusVonMagnum

macrumors 603
Jun 18, 2007
I checked back on my Mini running 10.8.3 and Finder won't even open! I forced quit and relaunched it and it just refuses to come up period. I'll try a reboot next, but it appears something is screwed up. 10.8.2 was perfectly stable here so this is a bit of a disappointment something so basic is acting up for no apparent reason (it's been running 24/7 for a couple of days since the upgrade so it took awhile to act up).

It claims I have two windows open in the menu bar, but they will not come to front and restarting it doesn't change anything.

Edit:

I see what the problem is. It was opening the Finder window on my 2nd monitor (which was turned off). In Snow Leopard, I could easily see something like that happening because Spaces would show both monitors content and it would be obvious. Mission Control doesn't show the other monitor and so if it's turned off, you will have no idea if OSX opens something up on that monitor (bad OSX behavior, IMO).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.