Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Uh oh - What will happen to the dash and expose buttons built into Macintosh laptops? Because when Lion comes out with Mission control, which is dashboard and expose all in one: What will be done witht he dashboard and expose buttons?

I suspect that the dashboard one will power mission control and the expose one will either preform another function of be a custom button that you can do what you choose with :)

Any thoughts on this?

GCardoso

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
Portugal
I think the exposé will be the mission control button and the dash will be for launch pad. But who knows what things is apple preparing for us...
:apple:

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I would guess that they continue to do exactly the same thing. After all, Dashboard and Expose aren't going anywhere. Why would they change hard-coded functions like that?

jW

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
Why would they change hard-coded functions like that?

Hard-coded? If you mean "printed on the keys" then that's easy enough to fix. The buttons themselves are not in any way "hard-coded", they're just assigned. Since you can reassign them, I am pretty sure it's all software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.