Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaffiDuck

macrumors member
Original poster
Hello

So my friend went to the Apple store in Manchester right and the guy said I won't be able to sell you a case with the phone he challenged him then a manager came and said they would process it. This is very bad on apples part as I have seen loads of people get cases in the apple store :( and this was launch day.

Even the manager told him he was not allowed due to them selling the iPhones but she still passed it anyways

Why did they no allow him to get a case for ?

johnparjr

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Earth
This wouldn’t be Apple’s problem per se just sounds like an employee uninformed or didn’t like the customer

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
That does sound pretty unusual and it might be related to local covid rules. Normally on iphone release day, especially early in the morning before the store’s normal opening hours apple is pretty restrictive about what you can and can’t purchase and they won’t allow you to browse the store or anything… it’s kind of a quick in and out to get phones to as many people as possible.

However, that said, when I picked up my phone at 8AM yesterday morning one of the apple employees actually went down the line of people waiting to get in to ask if they also wanted to purchase a case or any other accessories.

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
A lot of situations like this are store dependent. Its not the norm, as the store I visited was selling regular product and accessories outside of the new products, but it may have to do with the staffing and amount of anticipated customers. They also may be behind on pickup orders and trying to do a “all hands on deck” to prioritize people who have already paid money for those preorders. Also have to consider things like callouts, just like any job there may have been employees scheduled that got sick/weren’t able to come into work. Everyone is still dealing with Covid after all.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
everyone I know was able to get a case with their phone without issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.