Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chipinda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2022
I have used Macs since the mid 90s and have a large number of items that would be appreciated by a select few. I was actually Apple certified from the dark days when you sat exams for configuration and printers up to the era of the Apple Store. I am having to sell up and relocate abroad. I am loathe to throw anything out, but I know the chances of moving some of these items on the mainstream selling channels will be zero. They are worth little, but together and to the right people they will be appreciated.
- Disks - Install, Repair and Technical
- Connectors - SCSI and other bits and pieces
- Hardware - Original speakers, Keyboards

I can't find anything on UK-based collectors. Can anyone help me out?

Reactions: CooperBox

hardon

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2003
UK Kent
I have used Macs since the mid 90s and have a large number of items that would be appreciated by a select few. I was actually Apple certified from the dark days when you sat exams for configuration and printers up to the era of the Apple Store. I am having to sell up and relocate abroad. I am loathe to throw anything out, but I know the chances of moving some of these items on the mainstream selling channels will be zero. They are worth little, but together and to the right people they will be appreciated.

Hi would be interested in the software disks,

Give me a poke, tell me what you have ?

chipinda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2022
Hi would be interested in the software disks,

Give me a poke, tell me what you have ?
I have wallets full of utility disks used from the days of OS 7.5 to around Mountain Lion. Lots of tech manuals from the days when I was at a Gold Level service centre. Then I think there are probably a few original hardware sets from the early iMac days. It will take me a while to go through what I have and put it all together.

hardon

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2003
UK Kent
I have wallets full of utility disks used from the days of OS 7.5 to around Mountain Lion. Lots of tech manuals from the days when I was at a Gold Level service centre. Then I think there are probably a few original hardware sets from the early iMac days. It will take me a while to go through what I have and put it all together.
Hi, thanks for getting back to me,

As I restore classic macs, I would be very interested in anything on floppy disk, for classic Mac OS 9 and below.

Utilities on hand are especially welcome, often use screen utility for instance after recapping colour classics etc.

Message me, be happy to pay .

Many thanks,

H

Also, Any official service paperwork from Apple that could help geeks like me, would also be useful, this could be of benefit by uploading to forums for use for problem solving

Reactions: chipinda

chipinda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2022
Hi, thanks for getting back to me,

As I restore classic macs, I would be very interested in anything on floppy disk, for classic Mac OS 9 and below.

Utilities on hand are especially welcome, often use screen utility for instance after recapping colour classics etc.

Message me, be happy to pay .

Many thanks,

H
Not sure I have any floppies, but I will have all the OS versions on some of the incredible Software Recovery CDs that Apple used to make and send to the registered repair centres. There was one from about '98 that booted everything from OS7 on and I am sure it had the images for the floppies that booted earlier systems. They were my most valuable possession at one time.

Reactions: hardon

hardon

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2003
UK Kent
Not sure I have any floppies, but I will have all the OS versions on some of the incredible Software Recovery CDs that Apple used to make and send to the registered repair centres. There was one from about '98 that booted everything from OS7 on and I am sure it had the images for the floppies that booted earlier systems. They were my most valuable possession at one time.
Great, I look forward to you sifting through your collection .

Many thanks, H

Reactions: chipinda

Berenod

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2020
Don't have perchance a bunch of adb mouses lying around?
Am mainland Europe based, so shouldn't be to much of a pain in the behind to ship :cool:

antonypg

macrumors member
May 8, 2008

I have an old Quadra 700 which is still working perfectly and I have been looking for a way of getting it connected to a network to copy do a backup of the documents on the hard drive. I was wondering if you have an AAUI to RJ45 adaptor or even a nubus RJ45 Ethernet card?

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
I'd also be interested in seeing a list of what you may have available. I'm also based in mainland Europe, and if there was nothing of direct interest to myself, there could well be for Mac fans that I'm in contact with on other non-English Mac forums here.

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
I have an old Quadra 700 which is still working perfectly and I have been looking for a way of getting it connected to a network to copy do a backup of the documents on the hard drive. I was wondering if you have an AAUI to RJ45 adaptor or even a nubus RJ45 Ethernet card?
Off topic: Those kind of adapters or card are hard to find.
You may use an early PowerbookG3 Wallstreet/PDQ (rainbow-Apple on the lower display-edge) with os9 to connect both via LocalTalk/AppleTalk and Ethernet/TCP-IP. (Mind the different versions of AFP and SMB, that render file-exchange between 68k/PPC and intel-Mac a wee bit cumbersome: "applefool.com: Classic Mac Networking" )

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.