Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
Pre-requisites:

• Just getting into picture editing etc; so needs to be good enough for that (4k I think)
  • It's to be in my home office; so it'll be used for watching YT and movies/TV shows when the wife takes over the TV in the living room 😂
  • Budget - £500 and under
  • It'll be sat on my desk; on a riser as well. But needs to have height adjustability etc (I'm 6ft 4 and like to sit very upright when working at my desk)
  • Needs to be black framed please

Recommend away 👍🏼

Reactions: arkitect

amarcus

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
London, UK
I would aim to purchase a Dell U2723QE when it is next on sale or with an employee/student discount (it should be under £500; it is currently £590). This monitor features a 4k 27-inch IPS display, best-in-class contrast ratios of 2000:1 with no blooming or burn-in, powered USB C including KVM if you ever plan to switch or also use a MacBook setup, HDMI for console connectivity, and excellent colour accuracy.

UPDATE: Just checked, you can actually get this today dispatched and sold by Amazon for £499.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.